Monday, May 7, 2012

Out with the old, in with the new!


Do you know that feeling when you look into your closet and you can't find anything or you say 'I don't have anything to wear' ?

Well my closet is so full, that every time I go shopping I have problems trying to stuff the new things into my too full closet. That's the reason why I decided to go through my whole closet (picture shows not even half of my closet on my bed). I looked at every piece and asked myself 'when was the last time I wore it and am I really gonna wear it again.'
After hours going through my entire closet, shoe and jewelry collection, purses and everything else, I finally got rid of some things. I have to say it was reeeally hard for me to get rid of some things, but now I have some more space in my closet for new clothes :)

(Tip: Maybe you can ask a girlfriend or boyfriend to help you go through your closet. When someone is helping you, it is much easier to make a decision and it's not so hard for you to get rid of some things.)

I folded the things that I decided to get rid of and brought them to a second hand store. There is nothing better than getting some extra cash for the clothes/jewelry that you don't wear anymore. Now you have some extra cash in your pocket for some new clothes and more space in your closet for them :)

The second hand store that I went to was Plato's Closet . Maybe there is one close to you as well!

Happy Shopping :)

xoxo Joëlle

2 comments:

  1. how much did they give u for ur clothes? i feel sad to give away my expensive stuff even if i dont want them anymore! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get as much as I thought I would. The thing is they only take a specific style of clothes. They took like 20 pieces (clothing, Jewlery etc.) and I got $75 :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ thanks for your comment! I love to read every single comment :) ♥